Thursday, March 27, 2014

Not one for Coloring

I have been working with on trying to figure out Copic markers.  There are classes and youtube videos you say?  I know.  I think like many things in my life, it is more fun to buy things than actually use them.  Oh the hunt for the deal, the coupons, the online sites, I spend all my extra time buying something instead of actually learning how to use it.  I have used the Copics in small amounts.  I did that on this card.  I really love the blending pen to give you the shadowed look.  I learned that from the gal at my local scrapbooking store Scrapbooks Too in her 5 minute tutorial she gave me.  In my short attention span world that is my definition of a class.  My youngest one, who is quit a little artist, was also coloring  with me when I was working on this card.  She had taken one of the extra stamped papers I had done.  After she finished it she said to me what does "Heartfelt Sympathy mean"?  I explained to her it is what you say to someone when someone they love has died.  She handed me her work and said "this seems a little to happy for to make a card to send somebody...you keep it.  Then when you look at it and think of Grandpa it will make you think of happy things, not sad".   Out of the mouth of babes as they say.  I wish I could bottle up the sweetness in that kids heart and use it about 5:30 every day. Here is her work.

Here is the card I made. A little more subdued.  I had received the beautiful journaling card as a free gift from Unity Stamp Company.  You get a free gift with every order.  I also got the Heartfelt Sympathy stamp there.  I colored with my Copic hoping to match the flowers on the journaling card.  I loved the turquoise blue in the flowers.  I was on one of my trips where I had time to kill between picking up kids.  An there just happens to be a Michael's Crafts 4 blocks from my kids school.  Walking through I found colored burlap from Canvas on the clearance wall.  I was so happy that it matched so well.  Warning: Burlap is a bear to cut for the cutting challenged.  I happen to be one of those people.  Perhaps if I went by the rule "measure twice cut once" verses "don't measure and cut six times" rule.  


Card stock: recollections
Journaling card: Unity Prize
Label cutter: Spellbinder
Label: Basic Grey Basic 6x6 pad
Burlap- Canvas
Markers- Copic sketch
Gems: Recollections
Ribbon: Prize but from 3girlJam
Stamp: http://unitystampco.com/shop/sympathy-thinking/

Thanks for Looking:  Remember: do not sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff.
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment